What advantages are there with cataloging?
Windows Explorer gives you a lot of useful information about your Electronically Stored Information (ESI). However, there are many disadvantages to Windows Explorer, and there is no easy way to copy it into a spreadsheet for your own use.
Four of our Filecats programs works with your existing Microsoft Excel programme to bring your Windows Explorer window, either into Excel or into its own table.
- From here you can now quickly search, filter and annotate.
- Investigate files that you have just been given, or
- catalogue a CD that you are sending out.
- (See the article “Why does Filecats Standard and Filecats Professional use Excel?” for more advantages)
The Professional and Metadata versions go further, by incorporating metadata that is not easily searchable. Find data you never knew existed, and do it easily, at the click of a few buttons.
Our programs are:
Use Filecats Standard and Filecats Professional if you have and like to use Microsoft Excel, and Filecats Explore and Filecats Metadata if you don’t.
Benefits to you
What are the benefits to you?
- Because you only need two clicks to start a catalog in Filecats Standard and Filecats Explore (and just a few more in Filecats Professional and Filecats Metadata), there is no big learning curve for you or your colleagues.
- Because it integrates into Windows Explorer, there is no separate program to you have launch from the Start Menu, and you may find yourselves using it every day, because it is an simple way to search through and for your data.
- Because it can see more than you might be able to see in Windows Explorer, you can retrieve more information and see things you never knew existed.
- Because it is quick, you are able to start working with the data swiftly, managing your files, often within seconds.
As a metadata extractor, Filecats Professional builds on the above, and allows you to search on more than what is easily included in Windows Explorer: background information such as time that the camera recorded a picture was taken, email recipients, MS Word statistical information for number of pages and words, Author information, When Last Printed and much more.
- Because it is also easy to use and can catalog hidden files and folders, whilst still being swift, you can get the same benefits as above, with having the power available to go behind the data and see what most people cannot.
- Because you can fine-tune how many document properties are being extracted, you can have the swiftness of the basic cataloger when you need it, or the depth of extra information when that is what you need.
- Because you have this information, and most of people don’t, this can be a commercial advantage for you.
Filecats Standard and Filecats Professional has been used in-house since 2003, and are now being made available for the first time.
Filecats Features Tour
|< Previous||Try it now||Next|