The Lou Mongello Page
- 1 Who is Lou Mongello?
- 2 Reason for the Jokes against Lou
- 3 What we honestly think about Lou
- 4 Definitions
- 5 WDWToday Episodes which include Lou Mongello
- 6 Favorite Episodes with jokes against Lou
- 7 Listener Questions
- 8 Complete list of all insults made about Lou Mongello
Who is Lou Mongello?
- Lou Mongello is a lawyer from New Jersey who is a notable figure in the Disney online community.
- He is the author of Walt Disney World Trivia book
- Rumors are that he has his own Podcast.
- Rumors are that he also might not meet height restrictions on certain park attractions.
- His birthday is August 2, the day after Len Testa.
Although the guys give him a hard time, they are good friends with him and think he is a great guy.
Reason for the Jokes against Lou
He knows what he did.
No, the real reason
The jokes at the expense of Lou Mongello began when someone mentioned an accolade of Lou Mongello and Len Testa, in a high pitched voice, mocked Mongello for being so wonderful, often with the phrase “Oh Lou…” before mentioning something Mongello had done. Mongello is also made fun of because of his height (he is quite short), the fact he is a lawyer and that Matt Hochberg is secretly in love with his wife.
Since then, the group routinely mocks Mongello and make jokes at his expense. The irony is that the four are good friends with Mongello off the air. It is a complete coincidence that Episode 126: Lou Mongello was the shortest episode between Episodes 5 and 502. (No Pun Intended)
Besides, he started it.
Len says: I think we started teasing him when people started writing in saying they listened to both our show and his, along the lines of “I love the humor of your show, and the great trivia that Lou has…”
Eventually one of us (probably me) said something goofy like “You know his hobby is pulling the wings off butterflies, right? He’s evil.” And from there it just spiraled out of control. I did a presentation at MagicMeets ’07 on touring plans, but a title slide was “Why I Love Lou Mongello.” In it was the use of “Mongello” as a greeting and invective.
What we honestly think about Lou
Listen to Live Show 7: September 24, 2006, Part 2, 19′ to 20’30”.
Lou’s Podcast, if it exists, is traditionally very long compared with a week’s worth of WDWToday. Its length is usually exaggerated for humor purposes in WDWToday.
- This joke is that Lou Mongello’s last name can be used in every day use such as a greeting or a curse or really in place of any word depending on how you say it. Commonly it’s used as a greeting for coming or leaving (similar to “aloha” in use). First used at the end of Episode 259: Extra Magic Hour Evenings and Episode 260: Listener Questions, the Introduction, 22’35”-23’15”, and the end.
- A description of well-being (or otherwise), e.g. “I am feeling mongello-y”. (See Episode 321: The Cinderella Castle Suite.)
- Something that goes into a donut. A very small donut. Or a munchkin. (See Episode 321: The Cinderella Castle Suite.)
Another joke referencing Lou Mongello (and Fred Block) as it’s the state where he lived until April 2009. The group make fun of Mongello for being part of many New Jersey sterotypes such as having gel in his hair (which he does) and driving an I-ROC Z (which he does not). For a major diatribe, listen to Episode 240: Major Holiday Touring between 8’30” and 10’05”.
Note: Lou moved to Florida in April 2009.
Exaggerated adoration of Lou Mongello, often partly sung.
WDWToday Episodes which include Lou Mongello
- Episode 1320 – 102 Ways To Love Lou Mongello
- 2009 MagicMeets – Celebrity MagicTunes
- MagicMeets 2008 Live: July 19, 2008 – Celebrity MagicTunes
- Episode 425: Airfare
- Episode 216: Lou’s Top 7
- Episode 215: Listener Questions
- Live Show â€“ Who Wants to Earn Their Ears: circa November 2006
- Live Show 7: September 24, 2006
- Episode 126: Lou Mongello
Favorite Episodes with jokes against Lou
- Episode 352: Listener Questions Between 13’55”-15’45. The top 7 reasons why WDWToday is better than Lou Mongello’s show. (Also known as “pure abuse”.)
- Episode 282: Disney Widows 2.0 Therapy and more Lou Mongello jibes – to his wife!
- Episode 213: Magic Meets Between 8’55”-10’05”. The first major ribbing of Lou on the show.
0543 7’25″: Stuart saw Lou Mongello in the Parks.
0525 16’10″: Kate of Washington wants to know if Lou has been on the Show.
Complete list of all insults made about Lou Mongello
I’m sorry – Lou is a lawyer – I don’t want this page to become Exhibit 1 in “Mongello -v- WDWToday”. (However, a lot of them are contained in the Best of WDW Today series.)
Besides, it’s all in fun – except for the insult in Episode ###REMOVED###.