Excel in Microsoft Excel 1: beginner to Excel intermediate
Share This Class:
This course series has been recorded on Excel 2016 and Excel 2010, but the content also covers Excel 2013, 2007 and 2019.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills needed for the official Microsoft Excel Specialist exam. How would that look on your resume?
Most people who use Excel are up to Level 3 in some aspects, and Level 2 in others. Why not go all the way to Level 5?
This course teaches all the skills that Microsoft want you to know. Specifically, they are the skills required to undertake the Microsoft Certificate 77-602 (for Excel 2007), 77-882 (for Excel 2010), 77-420 (for Excel 2013) and 77-727 (for Excel 2016 Core) and will be useful if you wish to take the exam, or which to learn more about Microsoft Excel
The core skills which are taught are those tested by Microsoft in the exam. There are topics that it wants you to learn about Microsoft Excel, and this course teaches you all of them.
Each module is taught in order, and is divided in sub-topics, and generally each sub-topic will have an individual lecture lasting 5-7 minutes.
Completing this course will help you:
Who is the course for?
This course is for you if you want to develop your Microsoft Excel skills.
This course will use the latest version of Excel, but is ideal for you if you use any modern version – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019.
This course is also for you if you use an older version of Microsoft Excel, but want to learn the newer versions.
This course is for you if you want to become certified in Microsoft Excel, as by the end you should the knowledge to because certified as a Microsoft specialist, if you wish to do so.
You will cover the content tested in Microsoft Office Specialist Exams 77-602 (for Excel 2007), 77-882 (for Excel 2010), 77-420 (for Excel 2013) and 77-727 (for Excel 2016 Core)
- An introduction to Excel
- Create worksheets and workbooks
- Configure worksheets and workbooks to save
- Basic formulas
- Navigate through Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Format worksheets and workbooks
- Customise options and views for worksheets and workbooks
- Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks to print
- Utilise cell ranges and references in formulas and functions
- Insert data in cells and ranges
- Format cells and ranges
- Highlight and filter cells and ranges in Excel
- Summarise data with Excel functions
- Create a table
- Modify a table
- Filtering, Sorting and Grouping
- Utilise conditional logic in functions
- Create a chart in Excel
- Format a chart in Excel
- Insert and format an object
- Create and modify images by using the Image Editor
- Format and modify text with functions
- Bonus section – some Expert functionality